Prenatal Nutrients unique proprietary formula provides 100% of the Daily Value of most of the essential vitamins and minerals for pregnant and lactating women.
Nutritional requirements dramatically increase during pregnancy and when a woman is breast-feeding. Good nutrition and lifestyle habits promote normal weight gain in the growing foetus and positively influence the progress and outcome of the pregnancy.
However, many nutritionists acknowledge it may be difficult for a woman to obtain the required extra amounts of essential vitamins and minerals. As such, a prenatal supplement is often recommended to ensure that both mother and baby get all the nutrients needed for optimal health such as, folic acid, calcium and iron.
Just two tablets a day provide a balanced combination of nutrients including:
- Folic acid contributing to maternal tissue growth during pregnancy
- Calcium and Vitamin D which contribute to healthy bone development. It is important to take Vitamin D during pregnancy
- Iron helps to maintain your energy levels and reduce tiredness and fatigue
- Vitamin C and E contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress
- Adequate folate in healthful diets may reduce a woman's risk of having a child with a brain or spinal cord defect